Monday, June 21, 2010

Weather protection

I have decided that I need to have a roof or some form of weather protection for my office. To be in keeping with my 'natural' style I have produced - I have decided to make a roof which will look like a tree canopy. So, I made an alpha channel material which looked like tree leaves and I layered them up in Second Life to make the structure appear more like a tree.

The 'actual' material of the roof would be (like the wall) transparent perspex with the tree leaves pattern printed onto it. This will create a better weather protection than not having a roof at all (obviously!) which is actually what I was considering but I realised that not having some form of roof wouldn't be functional. However, the roof I have placed on my office is not fully weather proof. I wouldn't consider my office as an 'all weather venue', I see it more as a meeting place when the weather is good.

I felt that using a natural form (like the tree) wouldn't distract too much attention from my overall design - i.e. I didn't want my roof to be the main feature.



No comments:

Post a Comment